This year is a rather big year for me. I am turning 18 which means I will finally be an adult and can make my own decisions. I have many plans of what I will do when I’m 18 like get more tattoos without having to get a notarized paper from my parents, but also something very adventurous that many people are afraid of attempting. I want to go skydiving. Legally you aren’t even allowed to skydive until you are 18 which is why I haven’t done it already, but my thrill-seeking self figured that it would be like the ultimate roller coaster. I have ridden most of the roller coasters or even all of the one’s in Florida, and I have even attempted crazier coasters when going to Pennsylvania’s Hershey Park, but I know that skydiving will be way cooler. Many people think it’s crazy that I would want to jump out of a plane, with the falling feeling in my stomach, wind blowing hard at my face, and looking at the open Earth just below me. I feel like skydiving is the closest we could get to flying(once the parachute is open of course.) The first time skydiving for me will be the normal experience I imagine, but if I choose to go again I want to be able to do flips or tricks of some sort because in the open air I can imagine you just feel so free. Once I get my life all worked out to the point where I am out of college, married and all that jazz, I will be a lot more free, and I feel like it would be the same out in the open air. Free of worries, free of stress, and a new beginning in front of me.
People love fancy sports cars like the Bugatti, Rolls Royce, Maserati, Bentley Mercedes and the list goes on but did you know that these cars have the lowest mpg? The lowest is the Bugatti that gets 10 mpg which means not only are you paying a fortune for a car, but you have to go to the gas station more often to feed the car. What a waste. I get that cars are cool because I’m a big car fan myself, but I also know how important efficiency is and how great it is to save money especially as a young adult starting out her life on her own. So if you were one of those kids whose parents bought your car for you and paid for your insurance, consider getting a car with good mpg, because it will be very helpful in the future.
1. The car that will be the most inexpensive when it comes to gas is the Toyota Prius Hybrid. This is a midsize car having 5 seats and a bigger trunk. It is a front-wheel drive. This gets an average of 50 miles per gallon which could save the average family a lot of money, especially if the family drives a lot.
2. The second car that will save you a lot of money in the long run is the Toyota Prius C Hybrid. The only difference between this model and the other Prius Hybrid is that this model is 1.5 L while the first model is 1.8 L. This one is also a compact car while the other is a mid-sized car. The same features are incorporated and these cars are so similar in appearance that they could be twins.
3. This might sound like it’s becoming redundant but the third car with best mpg is the Toyota Prius V. This car has 42 mpg which is less than the first two but is still really great. It has 1.8 L like the first Prius and is also a mid-sized car with front-wheel drive. Like the other two Prius’s, this one looks very similar and is very good for families.
4. The fourth car with great mpg is finally a change because it is the Ford C-max Hybrid. It is a large car with front-wheel drive and has 40 mpg. It is close to the third Prius with mpg, but is a larger car which is also great for families, especially if they have a bunch of kids and drive a bunch of people around.
5. The fifth car with the best mpg is actually a tie between the Honda CR-Z and the Scion iQ. They both have 37 mpg, but unlike the other 4 cars, these two have only two seats which is better for single people or couples without kids. These are also both front-wheel drive cars, but they look very different because the Honda is longer.
So yeah, cars like the Bugatti are nice but if you want to save money for your next big date night, cars with great mpg is the way to go.
Okay so there are a lot of things in this world that we can’t understand or explain and I have to say that one thing I can’t figure out is how Ouija boards work. I never really believed in Ouija boards; I simply thought it was fake or someone was always moving the little dial, but I always had that little voice in my head trying to convince me that it’s real. I always put my thoughts to rest until one day, when my ex and I were together we gave each other gifts and he gave me a spirit board from Italy. And these aren’t hard to find; you can even buy them in Toys R Us, but I could never buy one because the religious side of me always told me not to. I wasn’t just going to trash my gift, but I was still skeptical about actually using it. So that boyfriend and I broke up, and never even used the board which didn’t bother me; the board simply fascinated me but ended up staying tucked away in a trunk under my TV. So then one day I was reading about the experiences people have had with Ouija boards when I was talking to my boyfriend now, and sent him the link hoping to creep him out since he was so brave and thought nothing bad could happen with them. He found the stories interesting, so of course my plan didn’t work, and after telling him I have a Ouija board of my own, he told me we should try it together. I remained nervous and skeptical about it, but I told him it would be his fault if anything went wrong. He told me he would take the risk, so we made plans for that following Sunday to play at around 11 since he got off work at 10. To start the game, we turned off the lights and lit the room with only my phone’s flashlight. I went over the rules with him again to remind him and myself and then we began playing. Shockingly, the board worked. We “spoke” to a spirit named RJ who told us things about our future and about himself, but also told us things that other people didn’t know which amazed us. We played the board two other times without any issues but haven’t played since because I’m in the process of moving so it’s in storage. However, I never discovered who or what is really communicating with us. The spirits in the board claim that there are demons and ghosts who can talk to us and we have communicated with both, but still had no crazy instances. But before anyone should dare participate in this game, remember the 5 main rules and be careful and safe. Good luck friends.